Monday, September 12, 2011

Quiz, Quiz, Pass (1st Grade Math)

Today I used "Quiz, Quiz, Pass" as my morning Brain Boost. It was a big hit...And considering it's only the 2nd week of school, they did very well with content that we haven't even covered yet!


I printed the pdf on Avery 5163 Labels and placed the black "math problem" on the front of a blank index card and then place the red answer on the back of the card.
First Grade Quiz, Quiz, Pass
Each student was given a card. (I made sure they covered up the answer so that no one could see it). They would quickly walk up to a classmate, read the question (or show it), and then they'd check the answer on the back. Then, the other classmate would do the same. Once they've asked their question and checked to see if they were correct, they'd switch cards and walk up to another classmate. This continued for a good fifteen minutes!


Tomorrow my teammates are going to combine classes to do it with the entire 1st grade class...I'll let you know how it goes! 

0 Shout-Outs:

Post a Comment