Thursday, July 5, 2012

Classroom 117

About a year ago I wrote a post about my new classroom. I was so super-pumped about my new lime-green room! I thought for sure this would be the room I'd settle in for a while, after all, I spent a couple pay checks purchasing furniture to fit my new space...


Well, this year I will be moving into a new room...yet again! I'm very excited to be moving into a new reading intervention position, but I find myself struggling to come up with my room design. Secretly, I heart coming up with new room designs. Instead of creating the typical meeting area, Daily Five and math learning stations, and group meeting space...I will be creating four areas for reading intervention. (I'll have 2-3 other teachers and support staff pulling groups at the same time). I feel like a first-year teacher thinking about the layout of my new space!


Today I came across The Make Room, a site (on Pinterest, of course) which allows you to design your own space. All you have to do is add in the dimensions. It's practically the most genius site of all time. Translation: I've spent 75% of my day using it! I don't have my room finished yet, but I'll throw some pics of my new space at you. I'll make updates as I progress...but I'd love to hear any suggestions you have for me!


There's all my stuff! Yikes.
Wishing the blank wall was storage cabinets!
The only storage cabinet...and yes, it's already loaded with my stuff!
More stuff...
...and more of my stuff. 
I've always wanted a bedroom with vaulted ceilings, but I'll settle for a classroom! 
The purple wall folds up and leads to the school's stage...Did I mention it's also magnetic? (Just might be my favorite part of this room!)
More to come! 

2 Shout-Outs:

Kristen said...

Hey Katie!! What a cool room, I can't wait to see what you do with it! I love how all that natural light comes in from the ceiling, so pretty. Off to check out the site you shared (dare I?!?) :)

Darling Little Learners said...

Your ceilings are so amazing!

Jennifer
Darling Little Learners

Post a Comment