A few days ago I pinned this activity from Hurray for FDK! on my Teaching Reading board and as I was driving to school today I decided it was necessary that I do this with my kiddos effective, today...So I quickly whipped together a list of the students in my classroom and some generic "Long I" words...Please excuse the font selection and lack of any graphic design. I taped these words to their heads (and by tape, clearly I mean packaging tape) and each student had to figure out by process of elimination which word was left on their head.
If you are looking for some better pictures, just head on over (no pun intended) to Hurray for FDK! I giggled quite a few times when I was walking around snapping photos. My girls here ganged up on me and asked to see the pic after I took it..."Hahaha Miss A, we know our word NOW!"
I'm working on creating a math version of this for my kiddos that I will post when it's completed. Probably won't happen until spring break here in two more weeks...Got to survive assessments and report cards this week!
Happy Monday bloggy friends.