Thursday, May 2, 2013

Balanced Equations (Worksheet)

Today I sat in a 1st Grade meeting where teachers were frustrated with teaching their kids balanced equations. Since I was testing for a large portion of the day, I thought I'd help them out. 
(Plus I miss teaching math).

Instead of using addition and subtraction problems, I decided to get rid of the equations...Go back to the basics and use pictures! Not sure if it will help, but it's worth a try.

Feel free to grab the 2-page download...Leave some love...Let me know any tips & tricks you have for teaching balanced equations!


2 Shout-Outs:

Heather said...

What a fun introduction! Thanks so much for sharing.

Aimshort said...

Excellent! As a 1st grade teacher I appreciate these pages particularly because of the sum being to the left of the equal sign. My firsties insist this is "not right". Thank you!

Post a Comment